some stuff of life.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Some things never change.

heeeeeey.
I went to Mexico for the first time ever. AMAZING. wowow. I heard about the opportunity to lead a mission trip to Mexico during spring break on Tuesday night. Someone said that I would be a good leader. (Yeah, leader. Like I'm going to be responsible for other people. In another country. wowowow. that is big stuff). Welllll, I didn't/don't think that I'm really qualified for it, but it stuck in my mind and God said, it's not your door to close. I went to the office to pick up an application and to get an application to just be on a team (not lead). And so I applied and had my interview at 1:00 on Wednesday and by 1:20 I got an e-mail back that said, "congrats, you're a leader. you are leaving for Mexico at 10:00 tomorrow night to set up the kitchen and bond with leaders for other teams." wowowow. Sooooo. I was completely blown away at this point. I don't know any one else going. I don't know where I'm going. I don't know what I'm supposed to bring, yeah, nothing at all. So I showed up to the place we were leaving from and went to Mexico. It was nothing short of stunning. I got to meet and work with about 20 other people, and we set up and organized food and a kitchen for over 3,000 people for a week. Massive amounts of food. And a couple cockroach encounters. But bonding, Major. God blows my mind again and again and again. I have seen over and over that as long as I keep walking, He puts my steps where they are supposed to be. And it's incredible. Kids. Tacos. Long van rides. Getting lost. Busting out Spanish. New friends. Memories. Love. God. He restoreth my soul.














And now for your viewing pleasure. 4 days ago and 4 years ago. See the difference?

1 Comments:

Blogger Colin Franger said...

Lisa I am amazed at this. I would like to talk to you about it. I will try to call you this weekend. Deal?

Friday, February 24, 2006 2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home